Our CEO and Co-Founder, Dr. Pooja Viswanathan was recently on the Talk Rehab Podcast with Bill Noelting where she shared her journey of building ‘smart’ wheelchair technology, the value of user feedback, and how that influences product development.
They also chat about the Braze system and how similar innovations are great for the complex rehab technology industry.
Some key takeaways:
- Our technology prioritizes user feedback which demonstrated a preference for increase spatial awareness rather than giving up control.
- Our product is easily customizable by the end-user, family members, therapists, and ATPs.
- The average retail price is $2,000 to $2,500 USD and is coded K0108 or E1399.
- Excited to have an industry veteran, Allan Boyd part of our team as the VP of Business Development.
- Blindspot sensors are mainstream technology that is useful for every wheelchair user in order to address user needs, wheelchair design limitations, and environmental barriers.