Braze Education Package and Virtual Simulator
Thank you for your request. Below are links to all our free educational resources.
The above slides include information on:
Company history and founder's (decade-long) research on smart wheelchairs
Problems: wheelchair collisions, property damage, and hospitalization
Case studies (who and how have blind spot sensors helped)
Product overview - multi-modal alerts (visual, audio, and vibration), short and long range modes, power supply, customizations, durability
Q & A
Blind Spot Sensor Case Study:
Phil, US Marine Veteran
Phil, a 68 year old male veteran of the US Marine Corps uses a power wheelchair and is legally blind. He stated: "Just the other day I ran into a child's stroller. The kid was alright, but it scared me."
Phil needed a system that would help him:
- Identify an obstacle in his environment and provide him with auditory or vibration alerts.
- Allow him to safely operate his power wheelchair at home and in the community.
Phil decided to work with the Braze Mobility System. He had this to say after using the system for 2 months,
"Without a doubt, having [Braze sensors] in both the front and rear has been the cat's meow for me. It is everything I had hoped for and expected. I won't hesitate to recommend it." "It really makes me more mobile, safe and secure."
Obstacle Detection Simulator App
- Click to Download BrazeView App on your Android device.
- Click to Download BrazeView App on your iPhone/iPad.
Mobility Education Videos
Requesting a Quote, Demo, or Eval
If you have clients in mind, please fill out the form below:
Articles of Interest Relating To Mobility and Blind Spot Sensors
- Veterans Affairs Spring AT Newsletter (features our product)
- Dr. Simpson's article on who can benefit from Smart Wheelchairs
- Dr. Viswanathan's (Braze CEO and Founder) research publications on Smart Wheelchairs
We would love to hear your feedback on our resources! Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online chat (at the bottom corner of this page) for a live session with one of our team members.